Ad

01 June 2014

reflections

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in..."

Has it never been the case? Too many times when trouble found me when I'm just casually minding my own business. 
Journey to happiness fraught with perils. Advanced mode. 

In Breakaway, Kelly C sang "My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with."
You know what? It can. Again and again, when you didn't even know you would still feel the heart-wrenching hurt. 

Looking in all the wrong places. Not looking but still finding myself in the same situation. I'm not sure which is worse. Falling too easily, falling too hard. Right now, I constantly remind myself to take a step back. Everything's rosy at the start. Every one is nice, sweet and kind. Over time, their true colors show. I can't tell who's sincere and who's not so every one shall be, by default, insincere. Sure, you make me so happy but that happiness would only be replaced by a sharper pain when it's gone. I don't want that. Not again. A fortress wasn't built overnight and neither would it fall in a day. 

"putting my defences up cos' I don't wanna fall in love. If I did that, I think I'd have a heart attack."
Kinda exaggerating it but something to that effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment