Ad

06 April 2014

RETAIL THERAPY!

Today's SPLURGE (caps, yes) warrants an entry. I've stopped blogging for a while cuz' I really had nothing to write or rather, nothing to write which could be made public.
Anyway, I don't usually splurge. I think I'm pretty rational (not) when it comes to money and I would really think twice, thrice, if I have to pay a lot of money. I wished I could be like "I want this, I want that" and just buy but no, money doesn't come easily. Work is tough so we should treasure every cent, no? *I should totally take my own advice*

Lunch at Aoki at Shaw Centre was $50 but the chirashi don was so good! Full of awesome goodness which is (I believe) good for you cuz' it's all fishhhhh and no fried stuff and no oil (I think?). Very little rice as well! Very generous with the fresh sashimi (did not really see salmon though) and there was uni and prawn! 
fancyschmancy salad appetiser
CHIRASHIIIIIIII! can barely see rice beneath all that ingredients :)
my half melted dessert: mango ice cream, mango mousse, plum jelly












































































The place was quite hard to find especially if you don't frequent shaw centre. I felt really foolish. First, I thought it was at the lido shaw but I couldn't find it on level 2. After I found shaw centre, I couldn't find an elevator which would access level 2. It was only then did I ask the security guard for help and he's like... that's outside shaw centre. 
Good food is hard to locate. 
gift wrapped my barang! i must start doing that in future. the box is good quality!

Spent quite a few hours in Sephora and ended up with a $150-odd purchase. *rolling eyes at myself* I've always said Sephora is way overpriced in Singapore (it's true) but I still like going into it and wistfully looking at stuff that I totally like but can't bear to buy in-store. One of it is the Naked 3 palette. Actually all of them look good to me. The original palette has bronze shades, Naked 2 is taupe while 3 is rose gold. Personally, I think bronze/taupe would be abit more useful but the rose gold does look quite chio. I will never get around to that cuz' I don't use eyeshadow! 
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser is another thingy that I have been thinking of ($70 you kidding me?!) but haven't found a reason to buy. I'm using the Naked BB Balm now and while it offers really really sheer coverage (it's like a tinted moisturiser), I find it quite usable. In place of BB creams which I find to be a bit thick and my CC cream which I feel makes my face super shiny, I'm using it. So far, it's ok. I don't think it makes me hideous so... I bought the travel sized one cuz I just wanted to try it out and I'm the sort who wants to try stuff so no point having something which I'll have to use for a long long time! I've seen the LM in travel size before at the PS Sephora but not at Ion. Guess I'd have to go to PS. 

Anyway, I didn't get my Philosophy Brightening thingy in the end. $90 for something which could go either way (hit/miss) - nah. I did get Purity Made Simple which, I just realised today, does not cause redness. You know I've been taking it for granted! Till I stashed it away for gym but found that using other cleansers gave me redness. It's only when you stop using it that you realise how good something is. That applies to people too, well, not that you USE them but you get my drift. 
I also bought the microdelivery wash. The peel is too ex. $100-odd.. *coughs* 
I finally bit the bullet and bought the Strivectin eye cream! I know I don't have wrinkles but hey, it's never too early to prevent them right? Anyway, it says that it targets dark circles, puffiness and fine lines too so it does address my concern - dark circles! I bought the Percy Reed conditioner on a whim. It was at the checkout line. It tempts people into making hasty purchases. I guess it was okay. It's a conditioner. 

SKINC customised serum and the overnight mask. I have high hopes for this (not) so... let's keep our fingers crossed. The whitening mask looks really awesome though but it's a cool 200 odd bucks. Well, I'll wait till my next bonus and perhaps I will feel like I can afford that. In something like 5 minutes, you can see a noticeable brightening/lightening! I mean, if I am shelling out good money for a whitening product, I'd pay for something I know would give me results. So, this is something to keep on the wish list. The serum is chio! That's not the main point, I know. Anyway, shall try it out and monitor my skin :) Damage was 200 odd. 

I talk too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment