Ad

02 February 2014

CLIO Lipnicure

(from L-R) Tension Red, Rumor Coral & Guilty Pink
Recently, I got my hands on 2 of Clio's Lipnicures - Tension Red and Rumor Coral. I had swatched Tension Red at Watson's and simply adored the color! It's a really bold red but it stands out in a good way. So gorgeous! I also noticed that despite washing my hands a couple of times using soap, the swatch did not budge easily. Too awesome!


Due to the flash and lighting, I feel Rumor Coral is pretty misleading. It isn't a pale pink. It looks good on Dara however, when I swatched it on my lips, I felt it was so neon! Didn't really like it hence I'm selling it on Carousell. I'll give it another go tomorrow and see how it looks. 

Anyway, Tension Red is really pretty. 


I'm wearing Tension Red here. Looks kinda uneven partly due to sucky front cameras, filter, no skill and dry lips. 
The lip product itself is highly pigmented. When it dries, it stays on. You can't clean off messy bits like you would with your usual lipsticks. You have to scrub at it but hey, you shouldn't be scrubbing at your lips! 
My first issue while applying this was how to not look like the Joker. I don't have thin lips. My lower lip is pretty full and it was highly possible that outlining my lips would make them look huge! I had to sorta paint inside the edges. The doefoot applicator is pretty nifty to use for such outlining work. 
After that was done, I made the mistake of letting my lips touch. For usual lipsticks/glosses, it's quite common for people to sort of purse their lips to let the product coat evenly. With the Lipnicures, the product transfers and becomes uneven when you purse your lips too quickly i.e. before the product is dried. 
Remember when I said the swatch on my hand refused to budge for days? I had thought the Lipnicure would be super long-lasting i.e. it won't come off even when you eat ( a lot) and drink. However, much of it came off during dinner. I think I ate them :(
Imagine my surprise!! 
Lastly, I also made the mistake of not putting a lip balm prior to applying the Lipnicure. It was SO DRYING!!! I knew the product dried dry (haha). No sticky feeling and totally matte. I'm not sure if it dries the lips? Probably not the lips but the product itself simply dries? Does that make any sense? Anyway, yea, if you wipe your mouth, it kinda flakes off! I just read reviews which shared that it is really important to use a lip balm under or perhaps use Clio's Lipnicure Primer. I'm not too sure what the Primer does but I doubt it's available here in Singapore. Anyway, they also suggested using a clear gloss however, some actually accentuate the flaking process :( 
I had applied a layer of Benefit's clear gloss... however, I don't think it's the cause of all the dryness. 

The single reason why I am not in love and HG-ing this product - it is SO DRYING! 
It is not a good look to have patchy lipstick. Literally patchy due to random bits flaking off. Trust me, you do not want to look like that. Can't even wash everything off cuz it might stain your face. Gosh. And yet, it flakes. I could only reapply when I saw patches. 

Clio came up with a Lipnicure remover but I just use normal make up remover. It's not even oil-based. When I use the Biore makeup sheet remover, it kinda stains the area around my lips. I look like I have some rash haha. I also Bifesta make up remover and it works. So... save $. Primer and remover both kinda pointless to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment