Ad

24 December 2013

Don't go to bed angry

I think I read this somewhere - don't go to bed feeling mad at someone/thing.
[update: I googled and this is found in Ephesians 4:26-27]
While some say that a good night's sleep will make you feel better the next day, I think you'll find it difficult to get a good sleep when your feelings have combusted.
It's better to sort things out the same day if you can.

I let a misunderstanding simmer and when it boiled over, we couldn't handle it. It was goodbye, good riddance. Till now, I'm not sure if I regretted that or believed it was for the best. You know, God works in strange ways? Some things happen, some people happen and at that moment, you feel devastated. But then you move on and you find that it's not all that bad!

I've always considered myself to have a good temper. I have a high tolerance for the nonsense that people do. But I guess that's not the case. Am getting increasingly irritable. Is it due to work? Still, that's not an excuse. I shouldn't let stress get the best of me or affect how I treat others. Snapping at others, being rude and catty are pretty bitchy actions.

Sigh. Sticking up for myself is one thing. Hurting others' feelings is another. I've always wondered why I can't defend myself yet others feel that they can unload their crap on me! It's unfair.
They know that they can apologise for being assholes and get away with it. But if the situation was reversed? Will they forgive me if I was the one being an ass? Probably not.
This sucks!

Feelings, feelings, feelings. I can't control what I feel. I don't know why it's always disappointment and jealousy. I don't have the right to those emotions. It's so laughable! Am I high on drugs? Who do I think I am?
Mum feels that by going with what I feel and allowing my emotions to dictate my actions, I will only succeed in pushing people further away. That's not my intention at all. I only wished someone could understand my motivations. I don't just wake up one morning and think to myself "hey! I should be a bitch to so-and-so today!"
I think the more we think about what we feel and act accordingly, the more we will break the fragile relationship. Sometimes speaking first without qc is the wrong thing to do. It might seem like a joke to you but a text, without context or a face, can be interpreted in many ways. Do you then do damage control or can't be arsed? When you can't be arsed, you're held ransom by feelings yet again.

Choose to say sorry even when it's not your fault. I don't expect to have my way all the time. I admit I say the wrong things. I give in to negative emotions and sting you with my acidic comments. Why? So that you will hurt like I do? That's silly but men and women think differently. If I'm crazy and unreasonable, I will apologise too. It takes two hands to clap.

Talking about it makes me feel better. Only God knows where this is all headed. I shall trust Him. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment